Since day one, our mission at Getaround has been to empower people to carshare everywhere. Today, we are a global community of over 5 million users.
As the coronavirus begins to impact the neighborhoods and cities we serve, we want to outline the steps we are taking, as well as some steps you can take, to keep the people around you safe at this time.
Here are some of the steps we are taking to help keep you safe:
- Updated sanitation practices. We have circulated new hygiene and cleanliness protocols to all staff who interact with Getaround cars on a regular basis.
- Vehicle quarantine protocols. We have established new processes to ensure that if we are informed a car has been in contact with coronavirus, the vehicle is deactivated, quarantined, and cleaned before being returned to service.
- Waiving cancellation fees. We understand that during this period, plans may change. We will be waiving any cancellation fees for trips cancelled due to the outbreak through the end of March.
In order to help minimize the spread of the coronavirus in the communities we serve, we are outlining some basic health and safety precautions to keep in mind when sharing cars during this time.
To help minimize the risk in your community, we are strongly urging our users to follow the CDC’s guidelines for preventing the spread of the coronavirus:
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces. Bring hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes with you for your Getaround trip. As an owner, please wipe down your car between trips, and before personal use.
- Cover your cough and dispose of tissues. To help avoid the spread of viruses, be sure to cover your cough and dispose of any used tissues or trash at the end of your Getaround trip, or before making your car available on the platform.
- Stay home if you are sick. We urge all members of our community to stay home if feeling ill. If you have an upcoming reservation, you can cancel your trip via the app or by reaching out to customer support.
- Follow all local health advisories. Each community will be impacted in different ways by the coronavirus, so please follow the advisories of local health authorities to help keep you and your community safe.
Our team will continue to monitor the latest alerts and advisories in the cities we serve to ensure we are taking the appropriate precautions as the situation continues to develop.
As always, thank you for being part of our carsharing community.